Monday, April 27, 2009

Today, which is over.

Today was a green day, which was joyous, and tomorrow is a white day, so we will whine. Luckily, school is almost over. Summer is approaching! Summer, what with the melting sun and the general atmosphere of The World's Biggest Steamroom. Summer! Come! Remind me I don't have anything to do all day! McGregor! Don't repave McGregor, I beg you! Holy God, how bad is that going to be? They're going to shut down McGregor? Stab me in the groin! Press me into service for the Russian Army! Just don't shut down McGregor! What is going to happen when they shut down McGregor? Many things:
1. I will have to drive about 5 miles more to get to my girlfriend's house. Not a big deal, you say? Imagine that you are in love with me and can see me shirtless whenever you'd like. The ten extra minutes of wait time would kill you! And I don't have a camera phone, people. If she wants me shirtless, it's in the flesh or it's nothing.
2. People who live in those old-timey adorable McGregor hide-away neighborhoods, (The Argyle, Whiskey Creek, Tequila Bay, Alcoholic Drink/Water Mass) are going to slowly go insane when it takes them 40 minutes to buy gas. I mean this one. That's going to suck. All my life I've heard from about 70% of the people I know how awesome it is living in these cool little neighborhoods. "Everyone lives there! There's parties all the time! You can jog in the bike paths and not get hit by cars, unless it's people driving home from those awesome parties we're always having!" Well guess what, Whiskey Creekers! Life is about to take a major crap on your lawn. You're going to go mad. You're going to get a phobia for turning left. Mark my words. Shit, meet fan!
3. Some construction guys will have jobs. Good for them, I guess.

Also, summer brings with it the reality of the fact that my friends are all going to college, and I am not. This is sort of my first adult screw up. So far, I've been committing fairly childlike, innocent screw ups. We're in the big leagues now, son! Welcome to the "Screw Ups Can Now Ruin Your Life" portion of the show. I'm not ready to screw up my life! Let me wait until my mid-twenties, like most people! I'm developing my screw up gene too early. I must say, though, I'm proud of the dedication it took me to get to this point. The person I am now is the hypothetical example person people (usually with stern looks on their faces) would try to paint a picture of, usually to threaten me.

"DO YOU WANT TO BE OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL, MAKING EIGHT BUCKS AN HOUR AT THE GOLF COURSE, PLAYING XBOX ALL DAY WHILE YOUR FRIENDS ARE IN COLLEGE RECEIVING AN EDUCATION!!??"

As it turns out, yes! Do you want to stop spitting on my face, please?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You write!

    I'm going to pretend that I inspired you to make this.

    PS-Follow my blog, too, will ya?

    ReplyDelete